Our class blogs are a place for us to share our hard work and to continue discussions that we have started in class. Writing comments is an important part of that process. We should all be mindful of what we post to the Internet. With that in mind, there are a few guidelines we would like for you to follow.
- When you write on the blog, use your first name only. You may use your last initial but should never use your full name.
- Do not post your address, phone number, or email address on the blog.
- Never post comments that may hurt someone’s feelings or offend someone.
- Remember that blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding.
To write a great comment there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Your comment should be set up in letter form. You should include a greeting like “Dear Mr. Lee,” or “Dear Mr. Lee’s class.”
- Your comment should be on topic! If the post talks about Egyptians, please don’t write about how delicious chocolate is. We all agree that chocolate is delicious but that is not an appropriate place for that discussion. Please talk about Egyptians.
- You should write in complete sentences. You shouldn’t be saying things like “Hi guys! Bye!” Please write sentences such as “I think omnivore is a great animal word because it is a type of animal that eats both meat and vegetables.”
- Please use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Remember that you only need one exclamation mark. You will get your point across when you say, “You did an amazing job!” You DO NOT need to say “You did an amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” You would not do this on your writing in class, please do not write it this way on the blog.
- After a comma, you should leave ONE space. When you start a new sentence, you should leave TWO spaces.
Remember, these blogs represent our school and commitment to respecting each other.